Hello Patient Family! We are excited to be back in the office again with regular business hours from Monday-Thursday and will remain closed on Fridays until the fall. We have strict guidelines from the ADA&C and AHS that we will be adhering to as we follow the phases of reopening in Alberta, so we ask that you continue to be patient with us as we all try to adapt to these changes.
Here are some of the new procedures that we have introduced to help keep everyone safe:
- For Patients:
- Prescreening patients on the phone before booking appointments and rebooking anyone who is symptomatic
- Asking you to wait in your vehicle and call/text us when you arrive so we can limit the number of people in the office at any given time
- Having you use hand sanitizer as soon as you enter the office as well as asking prescreening questions and taking your temperature
- Having patients fill out a COVID-19 consent form
- Limiting to one patient in the treatment rooms (or only one accompanying parent/guardian if the patient is a minor)
- Reducing and spacing out waiting room furniture and removing toys, magazines, etc.
- Wiping waiting room, washroom, and reception surfaces regularly
- For Staff:
- Enhanced PPE based on the guidelines from the ADA&C; please don’t be scared of us as we may look a little funny all geared up!
- Utilizing plexiglass barriers in the reception area
- Daily screening each staff member with consent forms as well as checking our temperatures twice daily
- Making sure any staff member who is symptomatic stays home to self-isolate and get tested for COVID-19
- What We Aren’t Changing:
- We continue to follow the high standard of Infection Prevention & Control Procedures that Alberta Dentists have been required to maintain for years. These procedures follow strict sterilization practices and policies that we will continue to perform for your protection as well as ours. If you have any concerns about our sterilization policies, please feel free to ask.
If you’re ready to book an appointment, please don’t hesitate to give us a call!
Darren Whitehead & Staff